Monday, April 12, 2010

My new casita

So, as you can see, I have not been the best blogger lately. Actually, I think for about the last year. Ouch. But the truth is... my life is just so freaking boring that I never have anything to really blog about.
For those of you who keep up with me on facebook, you know that I have been in the process of moving. For the last two years, my mother, sister, and I have been living together in my mom's house. I never really wanted to do this, I had really enjoyed having a place with my sister, but we were trying to save some money. Well, the time came that I needed to get my own place. So that is what I did. I didn't expect to find something in my price range so quickly, but I lucked out and found a fairly nice 2 br town home close to work for a really good price. I love it! It is weird to have a place of my very own without family or roommates, but I love it! I get to decorate and no one eats my food, or yells about the dishes being dirty (which incidentally, the house is cleaner than I have ever lived in... I do the dishes and make my bed every day- who knows how that happened?) It was a little scary the first few nights being on my own, but now I really like it. It is really quiet and I can hear the ticking of the clock instead of the TV coming from the other room. I never realized how comforting I find the ticking of a clock until now. Is that strange? It is, sometimes, a little lonely, but I am so busy during the week that I hardly notice. But I think, once I have the place all put together and acquire a dining room table of some sort, that I will enjoy having people over to watch a movie, play games, or have dinner.
The best part of it all.... I get to sleep in an extra half hour every day because I live a mile from the school rather than ten.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...