Thursday, August 7, 2008

So NOT ready

So school starts on Tuesday and my classroom looks like it has been hit by a tornado. I don't know how I am going to get it all put together this weekend, but it is going to have to get done. I have a really neat bulletin board that I have put up though. That is the reason why the room is such a mess. I had to dig through all of my things in order to find the stuff I made for the Olympics and haven't used in four years. I got a brilliant idea last night as I was driving home from the school, which is to make a "Wheaties box" for the kids to draw a picture of themself on and then hang them up. I think the Wheaties Champions will be so cool. I am excited because several of the kids that I taught two years ago when they were first graders are in my class this year and they are all great kids. I am looking forward to having the opportunity to be their teacher again. I hope they are excited too.
I am so exhausted tonight. Between having to stay at the school real late the past few nights and karate and then . . . Shasta Cat has started sleeping on my bed. I don't mind that, but I am just not used to it and I wake up constantly because every time I roll over I feel her at my feet and I think, "be careful, Shastie is down there." So I wake up constantly and plus, last night, I just could not get comfortable no matter how hard I tried.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...