Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Reflections

 I really want to get back into blogging this coming year. I have done a real poor job of it over the past few years, and it seems that most of my blogging friends have kind of done the same as well. But even though it's maybe not the popular thing it was a few years ago, I find it a really good way to record my thoughts, feelings, inspirations, and adventures on a regular basis.


As I reflect back on the events of 2014, I have so much on my mind, but I'm not sure I can really put it all into words. It was probably THE MOST challenging and stressful year of my life, and full of so much change. But despite the challenges, I believe I was able to experience a favorable amount of growth. I moved 1400 miles away from my closest family, which I have always been very close to, to a completely foreign place with no friends or acquaintances. I have made a few new friends and learned a bit about the world outside of my comfort zone. Change is difficult, but it is also good. I can't say that things are getting easier, or that I really feel like I'm starting to feel more comfortable, but I am at least "carrying on". I am not sure where I will be in a few months, as I am already starting to consider new options, as I don't feel like I am really fitting in where I am at (work) right now. I hope I don't have to move again, but it is a big possibility. I feel like Houston is too big for my liking and am planning on looking for something in an area more suited to my personality.



I had a wonderful Christmas with my family! For the first time in - I don't know how many years - we had all my siblings together, and for the first time in at least 12 years, we were able to have an "old fashioned" big California family Christmas. We were able to locate a family in our former church group that was out of the country and was willing to rent their large home (out of the city among the citrus orchards) to us for a week, and we were able to invite about 20 aunts, uncles, and cousins over for dinner. We had a pinata, a gift exchange game, and quality time smiling, telling stories and jokes, and laughing like we used to do when I was a kid. It really was a beautiful week.


It was fun to see my little cousins playing with my nieces and nephews which I haven't had the privilege of seeing for so long.

Before leaving California, my mother, older sister, and older brother and his wife took a drive up the 101 coast to Solvang. It is such a cute little town with lots of shops and sites to see. We love the Danish architecture and shops, and we decided to stop at Andersen's Pea Soup in Buellton for a hot bite.



Now as I sit here watching the snow fall in the Utah desert, I am grateful for all the challenges, blessings, and adventures I have seen in the last 365 days. I look forward to more blessings and adventures ahead, although I can't say that I know where that will take me. I am grateful for all that the Lord has given me, especially my friends and my family. Thank you my friends and loved ones for helping me through the challenges that are behind me, and I know you will continue to be part of my future.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...