Saturday, September 27, 2008

Super Swiss Days













































































































The town of Santa Clara had their annual Swiss Days celebration today. I have never gone to it before, but finally did today because my karate school was participating in the parade. After the parade we had a booth set up next to the town hall where people could come and break boards. I mostly just hung out with my instructor's wife and kids, but we had tons of fun. The weather was pretty nice too. Although it was warm, there was a really nice breeze throughout the day. I did still manage to get burned on the back of my neck, arms, and the good ole raccoon sunglasses face.
We had a good turnout for the parade. A bunch of kids came and we walked the few blocks and did some kicks and demos. It was nice and short, but still fun. The kids were really excited. I saw a lot of people that I knew from school since I teach on that side of town. It was a great Saturday activity and I will definitely be going again. Not to mention that Santa Clara is such a cute and pretty town, especially the historic area where the events took place, and I don't get to get out there very much so it was nice to see that too.

2 comments:

summerk said...

Yikes! Watch out for Anne! Dangerous!! ...and Beautiful, too!! I like the haircut!! :)

thelivesofthebradyfamily said...

It was fun to see you. I'm glad we ran into you! We miss you in our ward!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...