Thursday, March 19, 2009

Plummeting interest rates!

I have had it. I pay my bills every month and it barely covers the finance charges. Credit cards suck! I am the last person to lecture on them, but they are carried over from my college days and so I am still plugging away at them. A few weeks ago I decided to try and call Care One Credit Counseling to consolidate them into one payment and everything. Well, what they do is consult with your creditors to get them to lower or eliminate the interest rates. So this is what happened:

Home Depot 21% down to 9.90%
Bank of America 25% (I know... ouch) down to 16%.
Capital One 23% (another ouch) down to 7.4%

Woo Hoo! Do you know how much that will save in finance charges alone? Wow! I am so happy! Maybe I will actually be putting money into the principal now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...