Thursday, March 12, 2009
Update on Erin and Baby Jude
Today at lunch, I decided to try and call my mom at work and see if she had heard anything new about Erin and what is going on. The other lady in her office told me that she had gone to the hospital to try and locate Erin because she had gone back in today. So I tried to call Will and got a hold of him and found out that things have been worse. I have now learned that the problem is a placental abruption, in which the placenta detaches from the uterus. This causes problems in the baby getting oxygen and other nutrients he needs. So they were getting ready to do an emergency c section because Erin's blood pressure was dropping way low and Jude was in distress, his heart rate and blood pressure were dropping a lot too. Luckily though, the drs. were able to get things under control and have stabilized mommy and son for the time. We are hoping that things stay under control and she can keep Jude happy in his temporary environment long enough. She is in the hospital for at least the next several weeks, maybe the rest of the pregnancy if things don't improve enough to send her home. Please remember her in your prayers and pray that Baby Jude stays healthy and happy in his little water world.