Saturday, October 11, 2008

Quotes I love!

Narnian:

"What's this? It seems familiar. As if from a dream . . . or a dream of a dream!"Pevensie kids

Professor: "I don't think you'll get back in that way. You see I've already tried."
Lucy: "Will we ever go back?"
Professor: "Oh, I expect so. It will probably happen when you're not looking for it. All I'm saying is to keep your eyes open."

"I'm not a dwarf! I'm a girrrl..... and actually, I'm tallest in my class!!!" Lucy Pevensie to Mr. Tumnus the Faun.

"No matter what happens, Lucy Pevensie, I am glad to have met you. You have made me feel warmer than I've felt in a hundred years." Mr. Tumnus

"One game at a time Lu, we don't all have your imagination." Peter Pevensie

"Can you make me taller?" Edmund Pevensie to the White Witch

"If she's not mad and she's not lying then you could assume . . .
logically. . . that she's telling the truth." Professor

"Don't worry, I'm sure that it's just your imagination." Lucy to her brothers and sisters upon enterning Narnia for the first time together.

"Well, I ain't gonna smell it . . . if that's what you want!" Mr. Beaver to Peter

"I think you've made a mistake. We're not heroes. We're from Finchley." Susan and Peter to the Beavers.

"It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses, to remember that the dullest and most uninteresting person that you can talk to may one day be a creature which, if you saw now, you would be strongly tempted to worship . . . There are no ordinary people. . . Your neighbor is the holiest object presented to your senses." C.S. Lewis

"Obedience without love is slavery. Love without obedience is a lie." C.S. Lewis

Potpourri:

"It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him." Abraham Lincoln 1862


"Thee lift me and I'll lift thee and we'll both ascend together." John Greenleaf Whittier

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The test, then, of our soul's greatness is rather to be sought in our ability to comfort and console, our ability to help others rather than our ability to help ourselves and crowd others down in the struggle of life." Joseph F. Smith

"Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." Marjorie Pay Hinckley

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." Aesop.
The Lion and the Mouse

"There is no substitute for hard work . . . Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety nine percent perspiration." Thomas Alva Edison

"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones." Proverbs 17:22

"The reward of a thing well done, is to have done it." Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...